There are many tools and equipment that can be helpful for self-regulation, and the best options will depend on your individual needs and preferences. Some tools and equipment that may be helpful for self-regulation include:
- Sensory toys and tools: Sensory toys and tools, such as stress balls, fidget spinners, or therapy putty, can provide a sensory outlet and can be helpful for managing stress or anxiety.
- Weighted blankets or lap pads: Weighted blankets and lap pads can provide a sense of deep pressure touch, which can be calming and soothing for some individuals.
- Noise-cancelling headphones\Ear defenders: Noise-cancelling headphones and Ear-defenders can be helpful for blocking out external noise and distractions and can be a useful tool for regulating sensory input.
- Trampolines or balance boards: Trampolines and balance boards can provide a sensory outlet and can be helpful for regulating sensory input and releasing pent-up energy.
- Aromatherapy diffusers: Aromatherapy diffusers can be used to disperse essential oils into the air, which can have a calming effect on the body and mind.
- Light and sound therapy devices: Light and sound therapy devices, such as a light box or a white noise machine, can be helpful for regulating sensory input and managing stress or anxiety.
It is important to note that everyone is different and what works for one person may not work for another. It may be helpful to try a variety of tools and equipment and see what works best for you. It is also important to speak with a qualified healthcare professional before using any new equipment or tools, as they can provide guidance and recommendations based on your specific needs.